Log into your Banana Pro using Linux Terminal, Mac Terminal or Windows PuTTY
- Update your version of Armbian (I'm using the desktop Ubuntu variant)..
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get upgrade
- Remove any old miniDLNA version....
$ sudo apt-get purge minidlna -y
$ sudo apt-get remove minidlna
$ sudo apt-get autoremove -y
- $ sudo apt-get install minidlna
- Edit the configuration
$ sudo nano /etc/minidlna.conf
- This version of minidlna will give you multiple folders under Video. Before movies and TV would have been under separate categories, now movies and TV will both be under the category video. It will also show the folder structure of them instead of showing just the video files. Avi files will also show up and be streamable.
"inotify" uses resources because it auto-updates your library, if you don’t use inotify you will have to manually restart and reload the miniDLNA serviceevery time for add to your music/video collection.
The friendly name is how your miniDLNA server will show up to its streaming clients
ADD THESE FOLLOWING LINES and leave the old ones #ed out
# Names the DLNA server
# Tells the DLNA to update the library when there are changes
Save and exit
- Start the minidlna service....
$ sudo service minidlna restart